Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013 in Review

2013 was an interesting year to say the least. There were some ups and downs during the year, but I learned a lot about myself and where I want to go in life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that God has a plan for me in my life. I know that I cannot always control what happens to me, but God is in control and he sees the big picture around the corner that I cannot see. I was able to travel twice, both times to places I have never been to before and both times by myself without knowing anyone. One of my goals in 2013 was to complete 5 bucket list items, but I completed 8 of them! Woo Hoo!!!!

I am hoping to complete at least 5 more in 2014; which ones should it be?


Here are some of the highlights of 2013 for your viewing pleasure. Click on the links to read about the things I did in 2013!

Volunteered at the 2013 Ironman Texas

Ran a marathon (Bucket List item)

Celebrated NYE in Dallas all dressed up with friends (technically 2012)

Saw the world premiere of the Great American Trailer Park Christmas Musical

Met a rock star, Joey Kramer of Aerosmith

Went on the Warner Brothers Studio tour


Saw Hollywood Walk of Fame (Bucket List item)


Met Richard Simmons (Bucket List item)

Went with friends through a corn maze! Watch out for scarecrow blood!

Went on a pub crawl and wore a mustache! (Bucket List Item)

Went to Dixie’s Tupperware party and met Dixie herself!

Watched as my last sibling graduated high school

Celebrated my 31st birthday

Went on an overseas mission trip to Into Abba’s Arms in Kenya (Bucket List item)

Went on an African Safari at Masai Mara (Bucket List item)

Went to a Drive-in Movie with friends (Bucket List item)

Ran a 200 mile relay (Bucket List item)

Co-hosted a baby shower for a great friend


Looked back at the last 6 years of my favorite lime green, life saving family, Driving Jacks

Painted a masterpiece with my family


No comments:

Post a Comment