Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mary Kay Lash Building Serum review

When I was  younger I had long lashes, but over the past few years my eye lashes have become shorter and more sparse.  Part of it is from growing older (I guess?), but I think the biggest part is using so much mascara.  I love mascara!

I have tried tons of mascaras to make them look longer and fuller, but none have worked or they make it worse.  I have heard of Latisse, but it is so expensive and I also hear that it changes your eye color (I have had no change in eye color).  My friend at work suggested I try Mary Kay's Lash and Brow Building Serum to see if it would help me.  By all means, if you can afford Latisse then I say go for it, but if you want a lower price point, this is a good place to start.


I looked at the website and it was only $38 retail so I figured I could at least give it a try for a few weeks until the tube ran out, then decide if I wanted to purchase it again.  Other products I have seen are way more expensive than this product ($100+) so it's a good price point.

I only have been using this on my lashes, not my brows.  This review is only for eyelashes.

To use:
At night when you are sleeping is the best time to use it (don't use when you have your makeup on). You start with clean eyes removing all makeup first, then apply the serum like you would an eyeliner.  Be careful not to get it in your eye (burns like shampoo in your eye).

After a few weeks I started to get compliments on my lashes how they looked fuller and then someone told me that they look really long!  I did start noticing it a few weeks in, but it wasn't until someone else notices that you actually think it works (like dieting!).

I don't have close up pics of my lashes or I would show you, but trust me, it works!  I didn't think of taking before and after pics.  :/  Sorry.

(Edit:  2/16-When I wrote this post years ago I did not sell Mary Kay, but now I do so I have updated the links to my personal MK website.  However, if you have a consultant already, please purchase your lash building serum from them.  I do not want to take someone's customer.)

***Note, I do not sell Mary Kay and did purchase the eye lash serum at full retail.  I am not being paid for this review either. I am just trying to let you guys in on a new favorite of mine.  Click here to purchase.

22 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this Stephanie! I am a mk consultant and am kicking myself for not trying this earlier. I am waiting for mine with my order! I will be doing before and afters for my customers. So glad you found this and at a fraction of the cost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting! I also am a MK consultant, but a new one. One of my customers asked if I had heard anything about the product changing your eye color, as this can happen with other brands. I have not heard this, but I also had trouble finding reviews online. How about you? Did it change your eye color? And how long have you been using it now?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice a change of color on my eyelids.

      Delete
  3. It's great that it worked for you. I wish you posted a close-up pic, though. Those highly-effective eyelash serums would be a great alternative for those who can’t afford Latisse. Thanks for sharing!

    Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete