Monday, December 30, 2013

Jabba's Late Night Feast


Jabba, Jabba, Jabba.  Shakin’ my head.  I love my sweet fur child, I really do.  He makes me laugh every day.  Yesterday I bought him a big bag of food, and not thinking; I left it by the front door and went to bed.

 

This morning I woke up to my alarm and not to Jabba.  For those of you who do not know Jabba, Jabba likes to make sure I am going to wake up to feed him.  Each morning my alarm goes off at 5:11 am, but Jabba starts to wake me up at 4:30 am (ish) ‘just to be sure’ I will wake up.  He sits on my back, he purrs REALLY loud, he does acrobatics in the bed and the entire bed shakes, or he bits my foot and/or puts his wet nose to my arm or foot.  EVERY MORNING!  This morning was different though, there was no purring or acrobatics, it was just an alarm.  I looked over at him to be sure he was ok, and he looked away quickly (afraid he was going to get in trouble I’m sure!).

I walked into the living room to get his food and he didn’t follow me.  Jabba usually wakes the neighborhood up with his meowing until I give him his food.  Today he just stood back and watched me.  I picked up the bag and noticed a hole in it…
 

At some point during the night, Jabba ate a hole out of the bag and had himself a feast!  I knew it was Jabba because 1.  I don’t have mice (eww!) and 2.  The bag was wet like he had been licking it!  My weird child.

Usually he gobbles up his food like he never has eaten, but I’m sure he was still so full from his late night treat that he didn’t care about the food in his bowl.  Well, except for the wet food, he LOVES wet food.

All I could do was laugh because he is too cute to get mad at, and well, it’s his food.  It’s not like he chewed a hole in my shoe or purse.  <--that :="" a="" dog="" don="" have="" i="" is="" o:p="" t="" why="">

No comments:

Post a Comment