Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Corn Maze at Froeberg Farm

This past weekend I went to the corn maze at Froberg Farm in Alvin, Texas with my friends from my old church. It was so much fun!! First, we all met at Mimi's Cafe in Pearland to have breakfast. I had never been to Mimi's before, but I will say it was good. It was sort of a fancy breakfast place that had a french flair to it. They even had mimosas!!! I didn't drink one though, I had wine the night before and I was trying to be good. :) We got to Froberg's and got in line for the hayride and corn maze. There are two corn mazes connected together that are a pumpkin and spider web. The pumpkin one was super easy, but the spider was a bit more complicated. We powered through though. Group pic in the corn maze! We had two kids with us, one was a 2 year old and the other one was about 7 or 8. The 7/8 year old was the line leader and was super brave with all of the 'jeepers creepers' in the maze with us. He kept telling us to tell his dad (who was with us) that there were jeeper creepers in the maze and he would jump out and scare his dad. The corn stalks were pretty see through, so you could see someone 'hiding'. Kids don't know that though! After one such 'jeepers creepers' hide and jump out session he had gotten some dirt/corn stuff on him that looked like rust. He said what is that? and I told him it was scarecrow blood that the jeepers creepers left on the corn when they drug the poor scarecrows through the maze. He was totally freaked out! <----I am going to be a great mom aren't I? :) When we were back on the hayride, going back to the main farm store, it started to rain. We took pictures in the pumpkin patch and then went shopping in the store. I got lots of veggies for this week. I have been eating salad non stop!! is great and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a corn maze! The whole place is kid friendly and they have more games to play too. We only went to the corn maze (it was $10), but there were other games like face painting, rubber ducky water relay, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment