Monday, December 16, 2013

Trailer Park Christmas Musical

A few years ago for my Maw-Maw’s birthday, my aunt got her tickets to the Great American Trailer Park Musical. We all went and it was hysterical! The musical is based at a trailer park called Armadillo Acres in Florida. The characters and musical numbers are hilarious! One song has a lyric that goes ‘I’m going to make like a nail, and press-on’. Too funny.


Well, this year they had a Christmas version of the musical that was premiering so we had to go! There was a group of about 20 of us who were all attending. My Maw-Maw loves the regular musical so when my aunt decided to come down for a week, she bought tickets for them as well. The others in the group were all going out to eat, but instead of being with a huge group, we decided to go out by ourselves to spend some time with my aunt and Maw-Maw. My aunt lives in the Philadelphia area (she is the one with the vacation house in Honduras) and rarely gets Mexican food, so each time she is here we practically live at Mexican food restaurants. I don’t remember what restaurant we went to, but it was good! It was my sister Laura, my Aunt Tracy, my Maw-Maw and my step brother Brandon at the Mexican food place. We stayed there for a while just hanging out and telling stories. We are rarely ever anywhere together, so we made the most of it.


After dinner we headed to Stages Repertory Theater for the musical. I love Stages Theater, we always go there and it is great! The theaters are small and intimate; you never have to fight huge crowds like bigger theaters. They had lots of flamingos on the walls decorated in different ways. I couldn’t decide on my favorite! Ya’ll all know how much I love flamingos!!!!!!  The wall was on a curve so the pictures might be hard to see.



The Christmas edition of the play was hysterical! There were some new characters this time and the story line was cute. The end was kind of weird, it reminded me of the randomness of the last Indiana Jones-the one with the skull and aliens-and it didn’t really fit. I guess it’s a trailer park musical though, so it isn’t going to be exactly normal. LOL. I won’t spoil the end, but if you do/did see it, let me know what you think of the ending and if you think it was as random as I did.


Anyway, I highly recommend going to see the Great American Christmas Trailer Park musical. Stages Theater did a wonderful job on the props and cast (they always do). Go see it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment