Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Luncheon

Today my work held our annual Thanksgiving luncheon at a local Houston area country club.  This is my first Thanksgiving luncheon I have attended at my work because last Thanksgiving (and the four prior to that) I was at my old job.



At my old job (which I was there four years) we always had a potluck style Thanksgiving luncheon where they would provide the meat, and we would all bring side dishes.  That was fun, but this is SOOOOO much better.  I didn't have to worry about cooking buying anything for the luncheon, all I had to do was show up! 

I was especially excited for this luncheon because it was at a country club!  I had been there once before for a nighttime event that was also put on for work when I first started with the company.

We all sat down at different tables, our chaplain said a prayer, then we all got up and got in line for the food.  I got dessert first because the food line was long and couldn't choose between pecan pie and apple pie.  I finally choose pecan.  The food we had was typical Thanksgiving food of turkey, ham, green beans, sweet potatoes, salad, and rolls.


Afterwards I went outside to take a picture of the pretty view of the back of the country club by the lake.  As I walked closer to the water I saw a group of turtles swimming in the lake.  There were about 3 or 4 babies swimming close to their parents also.  So cute!


I had tons of fun, and I can't wait for our Christmas party!  It will be at a country club also but I hear that you can win prizes like i-Pads, $100 gift cards, margarita machines, Kindle Fires, etc.  So excited!  I just need to find a date for the Christmas party and I will be set.  I am also in the middle of planning a White Elephant Christmas party for my department with a BBQ lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment