Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Party

I remember carving pumpkins a few times when I was growing up, but I haven't done it in years!  My friend Debra wanted to also, so we decided to have a pumpkin carving party this past weekend.  When I say 'party' I mean the two of us.


We went to the pumpkin patch Kroger to pick out our pumpkins.  I wanted a green one for some reason and Debra got a plain orange one.  We took them back to her place and picked out the design we wanted to make.  First though, we had to gut the inside of the pumpkin and choose a design.  When I was little I remember my Mom baking all the seeds so we could eat them.  I don't remember them being very good so we didn't do that this time.  I went with the wicked theme (since mine was green) and Debra went with the cute cat theme. 


The end product!  Mine of the left, Debra's on the right.  Carving pumpkins is harder than it looks!  Mine didn't turn out so well. :/  I am still proud of it though.





Us with our pumpkins!




Right when we got done, Debra's boyfriend came over and I headed home.  For the night to prepare for my half marathon that I ran on Sunday morning! Debra also had a race the next morning for Cystic Fibrosis so they had to get up also as well.

Thanks Debra for inviting me over to carve pumpkins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment