Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Work Christmas Party

My work had our annual Christmas party at a local country club on Saturday night.  I was worried about who to bring because I didn’t want ot be by myself all night so I asked my old co-worker Debra to come with me.  I told her that whatever door prize she won, she could keep except an i-Pad. 

Debra came over at 6:15 so she could say hello to Jabba (he said hello back) and then she followed me to the country club in her car because she had to leave the party early.  We got to the party around 6:45 and got our name tags and door prize tickets. There were two open bars that were set up but we went to the bigger one. :)  I had my 18 mile race in Sugarland the next morning at 6:30 am (with a 4:30 wakeup call) so I was not drinking.  Debra got a margarita and I got a Flamingo Sunrise.  What is a Flamingo Sunrise you ask?  Well, it is club soda, pineapple juice, and grenadine with a straw.  So good and it has a super cute name so why wouldn’t anyone want it?  I kept going back to the bartender (like 4 times at least) and asking for another one.  I made up the name of the drink myself.  I think it will be my new signature drink.  Well, my new signature non alcoholic drink of course. J

We got our drinks and found a table that was close to the dance floor so we could see all the action.  The tables were set up like a fancy wedding or something.  So nice!  We had a very nice meal of steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, chicken, pork, and steak.  There was also bananas foster at the other buffet table, but that sounded gross so I didn’t eat it.  Our table was filled with super fun people from a few different departments.  Fun times!

Then, there was a big chocolate fountain with marshmallows (!!!), strawberries, Oreos, pound cake, pineapples, and more.  I love me some chocolate.

It was time for the door prizes to be announced.  There were a lot of prizes to be won like $100 gift cards to Wal-Mart, HEB, Toys-R-Us, etc. but also a big Kitchen Aid Mixer and about 4 Kindle Fire’s.  I was talking to the owner of the company when my number was called!!!  I won a $100 gift card to  Williams-Sonoma. 

We all danced to the Cupid’s Shuffle and a few other line dances.  I only did the Cupid’s Shuffle because that’s the only line dance I know except for the Chicken Dance and THAT would have been embarrassing at a company Christmas party. :)

I left around 9:50 so I could get to bed for my 18 miler the next morning.  Next up:  18.6 mile recap post!

No comments:

Post a Comment