Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013 Recap



He has risen!  Jesus has risen! :)

This year’s Easter was great!  I had a fantastic time hanging out with my family at my parent’s house in Spring.  My Aunt Tracy and Uncle Ken were in town from New Jersey and I loved being able to spend some time with them.  


I woke up that morning and did my favorite workout DVD, then got dressed and headed to church.  I decided to surprise my grandmother at her church (my church growing up).  I walked in where she normally sits and said “Is this seat taken?”  She looked at me for a moment and started to say no, but then she realized it was me! Haha.  It was great being able to sit next to her on Easter Sunday.

After church I headed to my Mom’s house for lunch.  I was so hungry, I think it was the workout that I did that morning.  BBQ was on the menu and I had tons of it!

My parents heated the pool in the backyard and the kids all swam in the pool.  Our dog, Rusty, does not like the kids in the pool so he was barking the entire time trying to get them to get out and stop horse playing in the water.  He was worn out by the end of the day.

Look at this cutie!  He is sooooo accident prone.  Do you see his belly?  Full of scratches from the way he gets in the pool, he does this sort of belly flop dive thing.  Then his nose and cheek were injured too because he fell two different times over the weekend.  Boys!  I hope I have girls when I have kids. LOL.

While the kids were swimming my sister Laura, my cousin Leigh Anne, my Aunt Kay, and myself all played the Easter Bunny in the front yard ‘hiding’ the eggs.  We half hid, half tossed wherever you could see eggs since we had so many of them and also for the little kids to have a shot at getting the eggs before all of the big kids took them all.


About 4 o’clock it was time to take my aunt to the airport so they could make their 5:40 pm flight. :/  I was so sad to see them go home.  I know she will be back in June for my cousins graduation, but it’s still no fun not having her in Houston. 

All in all it was a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment