Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Driving Jacks 5K is Almost Here



 Some of you might remember the Driving Jacks 5K from last year where we raised $6,000 for the Driving Jacks Endowment Fund.  This year the 5K will held on April 20th, 2013 and you will for sure not want to miss it!!  I, unfortunately, will have to miss it because I will be in Kenya, but I encourage everyone to attend.

What is Driving Jacks?  Driving Jacks is a nonprofit, student led organization at SFASU that gives FREE designated driver rides to SFASU students and anyone in the Nacogdoches, TX community.  Driving Jacks raises money through donations and fundraisers so they can continue operating.

Last year, the Driving Jacks alumni hosted the first annual Driving Jacks 5K (read my recap here) and it was a huge success!  Over 125 people registered for the event and we raised over $3,000 plus we had a very generous matching donation of $3,000 for a total of $6,000.  I was the Event Director last year, but this year I bowed out because I knew I would be busy with marathon training for the majority of the year.  Then, in January, I found out that I was going on my mission trip to Africa which was the same time as the 5K.  I was bummed that I couldn’t make it, but I did donate a Kindle to the door prizes so one lucky person will get that!!

Please think about registering for the 5K.  You can run, walk, crawl, skip, or any other way you want to complete the 5K.  In addition, if you choose not to run (or can’t make it to Nacogdoches that day) you can register for the 5K and I will mail you your 5K shirt!  You get to sleep in and help us raise $$ for Driving Jacks, it’s a win-win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment