Tuesday, July 3, 2012

OIAJ-a recipe!

What?!  A RECIPE coming from ME?!  Yep!  I can't believe it either. ;)  I have a few favorite blogs that swear by Overnight Oats in a Jar so I was determined to try it once I finally got a jar of empty nut butter (and remembered to save it!).  The best part of OIAJ is that you don't have to cook anything, you just mix everything together and leave it in the fridge overnight.


So, as this is my first time making OIAJ...it might not be pretty!   When making your OIAJ, feel free to change the ingredients to fit your tastes. The most important thing is the jar, the oats, and the liquid (milk or water). 

In the mix :
-Almost empty peanut butter jar (or you can use almond butter, or sunflower butter)
-1/2 cup oats
-1 cup milk (I used skim milk but you can use any kind of milk or even water)
-chia seeds
-coconut flakes (I used unsweetened)
-blueberries (they were frozen from when we picked them)
-Cinnamon

Step 1-Nearly empty jar of nut butter (this looks like more is in there, but really it wasn't a lot since I had just stirred it).


Step 2-Add the oats!





Step 3-Chia seeds

Step 4-Add the coconut flakes

Step 5-Then add milk (do you see my bike in the background I am using to train for my triathlon?!

Step 6-Stir and add the lid (I have had those spoons forever but I hardly ever use them!)

Step 7-Place in fridge overnight (Go Astros!)



Step 8-Add toppings (I added blueberries) that you don't want to get soggy (some people add granola here).



The verdict? Well, I think I added too much milk or something because it was still sort of runny this morning. :/ I told y'all I can't cook!  Did you think this recipe was going to turn out wonderful? haha. :)

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite breakfast.  I prefer stove cooked oats or eggs. 

Let me know if you make OIAJ and how they turn out.  Lots of blogs swear that they are so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment