Monday, July 30, 2012

Rockin' out the 80's

So I forgot to upload pics from my 30th birthday party...oops!  Bad blogger.  To see the complete set of pics you can go here, but these are a few of my favs!  I had tons of fun and thank you to everyone who came out for my birthday!  We had fajitas and margaritas also, and they were yummy!

Cupcakes!  I bought these cupcakes from Sam's-neon colors of course and then added the toothpicks.  To make them I downloaded pics of my favorite 80's items and attached them to a toothpick with a hot glue gun.

Cake!  My sister has used this cake company for a while now and she is wonderful at making cakes.  This is her FB page.  She is also the woman who made Cole's Uno Birthday Cake.  Isn't my cake adorable?   I wanted a cake that was full of my favorite things from when I was a kid, smurfs, cabbage patch kids, goonies, NYKOB, tie dye, school house rock. Adorable!

 

My outfit:  I originally purchased a pink sequined dress, but it got messed up at the tailor so I had to find a quick replacement.  Enter Target (shirt) and a Halloween store (pants).  You really can't tell, but my hair is crimped.  I bought the bow at Target also, and Mandy's daughter Brooklyn loved it so I gave it to her before she left (when am I ever going to wear it again?!).
I wanted the decorations to be things from my childhood so we went to the party store and bought 6 different table clothes and table toppers.  You probably can't tell from this pics but Sesame Street, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, Mario Brothers, the Tie Die and Pac Man table clothes aren't shown.



Friends!  More friends at my Smugmug page.





No comments:

Post a Comment