Sunday, January 6, 2013

No One Runs

I saw this picture on my FB newsfeed and cracked up because it is so true.  The fact is that all of us can hide behind something in our lives that happened to us.  We can be a victim, or become victorious over our problems.  It is always funny to me when I see someone that I haven’t seen in awhile and they ask me how I lost weight and what I did to lose it.  When I tell them diet and exercise they (sometimes) scoff it off like that is outrageous.  Changing your diet and exercising?  That is madness!  That wouldn’t work for me, obesity runs in my family!  You are one of the ‘lucky’ ones. 
I honestly used to look at skinner people and say that they were lucky; it’s all in their genes.  I do believe that some people naturally have a smaller bone structure but a lot of time they work out a lot and don’t eat crap like the rest of us do. 
I have friends who complain about their weight but aren’t willing to do anything about it.  Get off the couch and run 15 miles like I do and eat healthier.  Anyone can change their health by becoming active and changing how they eat.  Unfortunately though, I cannot want something for my friends more than how much they want it for themselves.  I can give them all the tools that I have used, but if they don’t use them and aren’t motivated, then it doesn’t work.   
Some of my friends are amazed that I am running a marathon and ask me how I got started running.  I tell them what I did and they say that would never work for them because they hate to run.  You don’t have to start by running a marathon, just start by walking two or three miles a day/week and build up from there.  Get out there and run/walk/jazzercise/yoga/pilates/spinning/karate/any other form of exercise.  There is no magic pill that will take the weight off for you.  There are products that help aide in the process, but you have to be selective about what those products are.  There aren’t any quick fixes when it comes to diet/exercise.
So, don’t make excuses as to why you are where you are at today.  It’s not your job, your busy schedule, your kids, your husband, your family, or your genetics.  It’s you and your excuses.  Stop making excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment