Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Seeing Flamingos in Their Natural Habitat

This is another "should have been written a while ago posts".  Like months and months ago. Enjoy!

****
When I went on my cruise, one of the stops was to Grand Turk.  I was planning on just hanging out at the beach but then I went to the gift shop.  I was waiting on some of my group before we all headed to the beach when I saw it...a flamingo ornament.  Now, I didn't think much of it until I started to see a TON of flamingo souvenirs.  I asked one of the store clerks if there were flamingos on the island and they said yes, they  hang out in the middle of the island.  Huh?  OK.  I was thinking maybe there were a few at a local persons house or zoo type place.

We went on to the private beach and I was getting so hot and I was still dehydrated from my surfing trip so I wanted to go back to the ship.  I got a taxi and there were a few people in it.  I casually asked the driver about the flamingos and he said, "Oh yes, there are a lot of them.  I will take you there".  OK!!!!!!!

The island was formally used as a salt tank area so that is where the flamingos like to hang out.  When I got there I was sooooooooo exciteeeeeedddddd.


OMG. I can't believe it.  I actually got to see real life flamingos somewhere other than a zoo or a Las Vegas hotel.

Day/trip made!

No comments:

Post a Comment