Sunday, April 16, 2017

Chappell Hill Lavender Farm

This weekend, after my Blue Bell 10K race, I stopped by Chappell Hill Lavender Farm since it was so close to Brenham.  Do you know what that means?!?!?!?!  Bucket list item #2 done this weekend.

The drive in any part of that area is just beautiful.  I love Texas in general but the Brenham area with all of the bluebonnets and rolling hills is so amazing. 

Chappell Hill Lavender Farm is beautiful too.  There is a small pond with a gazebo, a field of lavender bushes, a small orchard of various trees/plants (not sure what), miniature goats, and a gift shop.  I went to the gift shop first and looked around.  I bought some lavender bug spray and some lavender essential oils.  I also had the BEST (OMG) ice cream, blueberry and lavender.  I want some more!  There are a ton of products in the gift shop ranging from gifts to home items. 

Afterwards I walked the lavender fields and saw firsthand what it looks like.  It is green I guess until it is ready to be harvested because it for sure wasn’t purple!  They are having a festival in May that would be interesting to attend.  The lavender will probably be ready to be harvested then.

After spending too much (I wanted it ALL) in the gift shop, I went to the gazebo by the pond and had a conversation with God.  That area of Texas just causes you to be so thankful for all of the blessings he has given you in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment