Friday, April 14, 2017

2017 Blue Bell Fun Run

I have wanted to run in the Blue Bell Fun Run 10K for a few years now.  (#bucketlist) Every year I am either busy, forgot about it, or just miss the race.  This year though I was determined not to miss it so I signed up back in October of 2016, right when it opened for registration.

However, I almost completely missed it.  I wasn’t planning on doing anything this weekend but got an email about the race and packet pickup on Friday. I looked at the date…oh wait, the race is tomorrow!  Ooops!  I almost forgot.  Plans changed from doing nothing to running a 10K that I hadn’t trained for.  Oh well!  You never regret a workout!

I woke up at 4:15 am on Saturday morning to make it to Brenham in time. I wasn’t sure what the traffic situation on 290 would be (construction for dayzzzz) or the parking at the race.  As luck would have it, I got there so early I had a super close parking spot.  Score!  #RockStarParking

The race went well considering that I hadn’t trained. I didn’t break any records and I probably did really bad compared to my other races, but I don’t care.  The course was so spectacular that I kept saying thank you prayers to God for making it such a pretty day.  Afterwards my route home took me part of the way down my favorite parts of the race and I was able to take some pictures.

After the race I got some chocolate ice cream (#notplantbased #shameonme #itwasdelicious) and my 10K finishers medal and hit the road. 


Check out the race!  It has free, unlimited ice cream for participants and spectators during/after the race.  All proceeds go to Brenham High School’s athletic department.  PLUS, you get an awesome finishers metal and a t-shirt-we all know how I feel about finishers medals!

No comments:

Post a Comment