Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Chandelier Bird Feeder



At the river house there is an old brass chandelier that has been hanging in the tree for a while now.  The grandkids decided one day that they wanted to hang it in the tree, so they did and it has been there ever since.


Well,  I wanted to make a craft project out of it.  I got permission before we went (my phone doesn’t work up there) and got all the supplies that I needed.  I decided to make it into a bird feeder using some plastic plates. 

I went to Wal-Mart to buy supplies thinking that I would buy purple spray paint, but when I got there the blue caught my eye.  I still wanted to add purple (axe ‘em jacks), so I got that color for the plates.  I couldn’t find plates small enough, so I went with ash trays! 



 I put gray primer first and then spray painted the chandelier.


And the ash trays.


I added Gorilla Glue to hold them in place.



Finished product!!


No comments:

Post a Comment