Friday, March 15, 2013

Rodeo Continued

Last night I went back to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (HLSR) for another concert, which makes it 3 times in one week!  I am draggggggggging at work today, so tired.  My works has two sets of four tickets that they use to take clients out.  A few weeks ago they offered a raffle for four different shows that were free, one of them was Pitbull.  I didn't win the tickets from that drawing, but yesterday morning the person who did win them wasn't going to use two of them, so he sent an email out saying whoever was the first one to respond would get the tickets.  I responded first and was no the happy owner of two Pitbull tickets.

I wasn't a huge fan of Pitbull, but the seats were great (club level) and I wanted to go!  I posted on FB that I had an extra ticket, and my friend/old neighbor Stephanie said she wanted to go if I could pick her up.  I got off a bit early and headed home to change clothes and feed the monster.  We got to the carnival and went shopping for a while.  I am looking for a small everyday ring that I can bring with me to Kenya next month, but I couldn't find one!  I talked for a while with one lady from a broken china jewelry store and found a ring that was a .5 size to big. :/  I really wanted it. No such luck.  After shopping (well, browsing) we headed inside to our seats.

The club level of Reliant Stadium (at least during the HSLR) has $5 drink tickets where you can buy well drinks, instead of just beer.  I got a margarita (of course), but my new favorite drink is a dirty martini (they didn't have them), I think Stephanie got a crown and coke.  We also got nachos and a funnel cake that we shared. After our bellies were full, we headed to our seats to watch the finale of the rodeo and the start of the concert.

My favorite part of the rodeo is the calf scramble, then the wagon races, and then the mutton bustin'.  The mutton bustin' is when a group of 5 and 6 year olds hang on to a sheet and ride it until they fall off.  Whoever has the most points (not sure how they calculate that though) wins a belt buckle.  Last night, this little boy got a score of 95, which was the highest of the entire rodeo so far.  Once he was done riding the sheep (mutton?) he put his hands in the air like he was the boss. After he won, they did a mini interview of him and he wants to be a professional bull rider and that he and his dad always practice riding on sheep.  So cute! 

Back to the concert...Pitbull came out and from the very beginning he was FULL of energy.  Most concerts at the rodeo have everyone sitting down, but halfway through the concerts everyone were all their feet dancing!  So. Much. Fun.  Like I said, previously I wasn't a fan and didn't even know what he sang, but as he was singing I realized that I have at least two songs of his downloaded to my iPod.  LOL.  Interesting.

As his set went on he kept getting sweatier and sweatier, it was gross!  :) Finally he got a towel and wiped off the sweat, but then things got all sorts of real when he took of his jacket! Some of his opening songs were classics songs that we were all jammin' too, then one of the chorus' in a song was the "baby" song from Dirty Dancing.  Loved it, jammed to it!  Awesome, awesome show.

Pitbull was honestly my favorite entertainer I have ever seen live.  Previously, my favorite was KISS when I saw them in concert a few years ago at the Woodlands Pavillion when they came with Aerosmith, but they have been nudged out of first place by Pitbull since he was so awesome!

We left about 10-15 before it ended and headed back to our car.  I dropped Stephanie back home in the Hobby area and I got home about 11:30 pm.  So tired this morning, but it was worth it.

Thanks go out to my co-worker Bob who gave me the tickets, my friend Stephanie for going with me, HLSR for hosting the concert, and PITBULL for putting on an awesome show!

No comments:

Post a Comment