Friday, April 29, 2011

Psalm 31 Woman

I have recently been studying women of the bible and the guidelines God has set for women in his ministry.  I came across Psalm 31 which has several principles of a godly woman.  The ones listed below are an overview of what all woman of Jesus should be striving for. 

This is one of my favorite bible verses:  Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.  Proverbs 31:30. 

Cool verse, huh?  I like it!  Beauty is fleeting…we can’t all be beauty queens for ever, but we can all be spiritual forever.  I want to be beautiful on the inside and outside-not just the outside.  I have know several people throughout my life who might be skinnier or prettier than me, but were horrible women.  They talked bad about you and to you, were unfaithful to their partners, unethical and pushed everyone out of their way.  That’s the world’s way, not God’s way.  The sad thing is that they were taught that, they weren’t made to be like that.  The world has taught them to gossip, talk behind people’s back, claw and scratch their way to the top.

I strive to be nice to everyone, but I am not one to be hurt by someone and them pretend that it didn’t happen.  I try not to be mean to anyone just because they hurt me, but I will stay as far away as possible from them.  If I don’t like you I am not one to still hang around you.  If you ask me a question I will answer, but I am not going to go have lunch with you or listen to your stories.  Who actually wants to hang out with someone who they can’t stand?  I don’t need the negativity and the DRAMA in my life.  Drama free is for me (did you like my rhyme-he he?).  Negativity and drama only breed negativity and drama.  If you are creating drama in my life I just want to stay away from you. Jesus doesn’t create drama, he helps smooth it out and help you learn from it.

Principles of the Psalm 31 Woman

1. Pursues an ongoing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Loves, honors, and greatly enriches the life of her husband, encouraging and supporting his leadership within his family and his church
3. Nurtures the next generation, shaping and molding the children who will one day define who we are as a community and as a nation
4. Creates a warm and loving environment for family and friends
5. Is a faithful steward of the time and money God has entrusted to her
6. Speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction as she encourages others and develops godly friendships
7. Shares the love of Christ by extending her hands to help the poor and opening her arms to the needy

No comments:

Post a Comment