Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Jesus has Risen Day!

Today over 2,000 years ago Jesus rose from the grave to go to Heaven and sit on the throne next to God.  He died for me and you because he loves us!  He loves me? Yes, he loves me very much.  He loves YOU very much. 

I don’t know about you but I have never heard of the Easter Bunny dying for me, all I have heard was the Easter Bunny dropping some eggs in the yard and putting a basket at the foot of my bed with candy in it.

Hmmm.  I would much rather celebrate a death, resurrection, and ascension to the throne than some brightly colored hard boiled eggs.  Hard boiled eggs rot, Jesus is eternal!

Now, when I see my nephew on Sunday I will wish him Happy Easter and ask him what the Easter Bunny brought him, watch him find hidden eggs and eat all the candy he will ever need, but I will make sure he knows what Jesus did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment