Monday, April 25, 2011

My husband

I have been recently praying to God that he bring me a husband.  What single woman isn’t right? Lol. I have made a list in my head of what I want and I hope God will bring him to me.  What I have learned however is that God has the perfect man already picked out, I just need to be patient for him.  Patience is one of the fruits of the spirit that I am working very hard on.  I can’t make him come any faster than when we are both ready to meet (or have I already met him????).  God’s idea of a perfect man for me may not be my idea of a perfect man for me. 

I think that this list I am going to share with you is good, but I haven’t found him yet so God might have another list in mind.  I heard that when people make plans, God laughs. I believe that God is laughing at my list right now, but I am still going to share it so when I do find a husband we can all laugh with God at the comparison. Ok? I am very picky so this list is long.

My list-in no particular order expect the first 3:

-Christian man
-Great with children-and wants them!
-Has great arm muscles and wears baseball hats (yummy!)
-Ethical man
-A man who isn’t afraid to stand up for what is right
-Has a wonderful smile
-Someone who I love their eyes (green eyes are beautiful-did you know that I have one blue eye and one eye that has a speck of green-I think it’s a sign that my husband will have green eyes, lol)
-A man who is well liked and respected
-A hard working man
-A man with a great work ethic, who doesn’t stop until the work is done
-Great with money-since I am working on it he needs to be great with money so he can keep me in line when I try and buy to many shoes.  Love me some shoes.
-A man who loves animals-Jabba can be a handful sometimes
-A man who loves me-I can be a handful sometimes
-Back to the first one-I want a Christian man who goes to church and not just uses ‘Christian’ as a name to describe himself.  Walk the walk buddy.
-A laid back guy-who would rather hang out than go out every night
-Not a big partier or drinker-I’m over that!
-A leader
-A Jello guy-I am more Jello than crème-brulee, more cheese sticks and cheddar peppers than crepes and shrimp cocktail
-A business guy during the day and a flip flops and shorts at night (Do I have a secret obsession with Superman maybe?)
-A man who is ok with no sex until marriage
-A guy who is ok with me being a talker, and doesn’t think it’s obnoxious!
-A guy who would rather talk with me than text me
-A guy who does his own thing, and doesn’t need me 24 hours a day-have a hobby!
-A guy who can stand my temper and help calm me down-I’m working on it, but it’s a slower process
-A faithful man-no cheaters please
-A guy who will stand beside me, not in front of me
-A guy who says ‘we’ instead of ‘I’.  Don’t take all the credit for yourself
-A guy who leads me and our family
-A man who likes to talk it out rather than walk away
-A guy who likes to travel-ROADTRIPS to tropical places are great!
-A guy who likes the outdoors-there are so many things I have always wanted to go do, but I don’t have anyone to go with like hunting, 4 wheeling, paintballing, hiking, etc.
-A man who only wants to be married once and believes that marriage is forever
-A man who is not PERFECT, but is PERFECT for me.  We can work it out.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! Have you read or heard of the book "Lady in Waiting" by Jackie Kendall and Debbie Jones? It's an awesome book and I know it gave me a lot of peace at different times in my life when I was single. I think you'd really enjoy it. I liked to an exerpt from the book I included in my own journal that I particularly liked. Let me know what you think! It's a good list too. :)

    ReplyDelete