Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few good men

My new nephew Cole was born yesterday and I have already fallen in love with him.  How can someone so tiny capture your heart so quickly?  Actually, he is not very tiny-he weighed in at a whopping 9lbs 15oz. 


I got there around 11:15 am and he was still in the nursery.  I stopped by and saw my sister in her hospital room and chit chatted with her for a bit.  Everyone wants to see the baby, but they forget the mom! Lol. After a while I couldn’t take it anymore so I went to the nursery.  My other nephew Hunter proudly led the way like the big brother he is.  He was laying there with his eyes closed just bunched up like a little burrito.  There was another baby in the crib next to his that looked half his size!  He definitely wasn’t a whopper of a baby like Cole is.

The nurse started giving Cole a bath and his little lip was quivering, soooo cute!  Then she styled his hair into a Mohawk (which he sported proudly-he’s going to be a rockstar!).  After he calmed back down we left to go to lunch at the Egg and I (yummy).

When we got back they brought him in and I got to hold him.  I was actually the 4th person to hold him after my sister since I am lower on the totem pole of the family baby holding privileges.  Aunts/Uncles come after parents, grandparents, and great grandparents.  Then it goes in birth order of aunts/uncles.  I’m ok with it.  He was sleeping and grunting while I was holding him, a few times he actually opened up his eyes.

I knew Hunter would be feeling a bit left out with all the attention being on the baby so I got him a cool Darth Vader shirt.  He love Star Wars so he will probably wear it to school soon to show everyone.  I am really a cool aunt. I’m just sayin’.  Since Hunter likes Star Wars, maybe Cole will like flamingos like me!  Maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment