Friday, August 18, 2017

Kali’s 4th Birthday

The Saturday after #KaliandStephsWeekofFun, Kali turned 4!!  I told my sister that I would buy the cake for the party because she was just going to bake one herself.  There is nothing wrong with homemade cakes, but Kali hadn’t had a birthday party in the last two years (long story) AND Tori can’t bake. LOL.

I searched the local grocery stores for a PJ Masks themed cake, but my search was in vain.  Apparently PJ Mask hasn’t hit it “big” yet in terms of mass cake themes so I decided to decorate it myself.  First stop was Wal-Mart to buy the actual cake.  I ordered a half sheet cake with royal blue icing and red, green, and blue sprinkles all over the cake. 

Etsy had a few options like a flat cake with the edible paper print out-BORING!  There were some others that weren’t too impressive.  I found one that I liked but it was $30 JUST for the print out (paper hot glued to sticks), not the actual cake (so $25+$30).  I decided just to buy some little figures from the store and make a Happy Birthday banner + city scape and print them on card stock.  At the last minute I made a moon too.  I hot glued them to sticks myself and saved $30.  Take that Etsy overpriced stuff. Haha.  I also found a complete set of PJ Masks figurines in Kali’s toy chest and used those instead (sanitized of course!)

The party went well and everyone loved the cake.  We had a pool party but it started raining so we went inside for the cake and present portion.

Happy birthday Kali!!


No comments:

Post a Comment