Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Kali and Steph’s Week of Fun

My parents went to Cabo for a vacation with friends and asked me to watch my niece Kali while they were away all week.  I went out of town the Friday before to Dallas for Mary Kay’s seminar and wouldn’t be back until Monday afternoon/evening so my older sister, Laura, watched her while I was gone. 

They wore her out playing so hard while she was there and she didn’t wake up the next day until about 10:30.  It. Was. Awesome.  I could sleep in to because I hadn’t gotten much sleep while I was out of town either. 

We had a jam packed week ahead of us and something to do every day so we wouldn’t get bored.  I didn’t want to play kitchen and watch PJ Mask all week, so I scheduled other activities.  I nicknamed this week as #KaliandStephsWeekOfFun.

Tuesday we went to the local library for pre-school story time.  I don’t think Kali had ever been to the library because she was in awe of all the books (she loves books).  Story time featured a few books read to us, songs sang, and two crafts.

After story time was over we went across the street to a bunny event.  They had a group seminar where you could pet a real bunny!  First you had to listen to a speaker talk about bunny care.  Did you know that carrots are like candy bars for bunnies?!?!  I had no idea.  They gave each child a bunny figure to put on their shoulder. 


It is hard for a bunch of kids to sit through a presentation about bunnies, but Kali did not want to leave until she petted a bunny.  She got to pet two of them and then she was ready to leave.  She was so determined to pet that bunny.  Afterwards we went to Wal-Mart to order her birthday cake (more later) and get our nails done.

I’ve taken Kali to get her nails done twice before, so I knew she would like it. She chose pink glitter for her nails since pink is her favorite color.  I got a candy apple color. 

Wednesday was the jumpy place and the pool.  My sister and nephew met us at a local jumpy place so the kids could play.  I thought it was a trampoline park but it was an inflatable one instead.  Later that night we went swimming in my parent’s pool.

Thursday was spent at the Kemah Lighthouse Maze (see thispost).


Friday was just a day hanging out at home making cookies.

I had bought some PJ Masks cookie cutters off Etsy, but they didn’t work out very well.  We just made them into blobs instead.  My parents got home around 6 PM and were greeted at the door with a 4 year old, a bratty dog, and a upside down welcome sign that Kali drew (I wrote the words).  They were all excited to see each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment