Sunday, July 24, 2016

Not Feelin' It

I realized today that I just can't eat the same way as I used to.  Eating whole foods, plant based and cooking mainly from home for the past (almost!!!) 4 months has really messed with my eating habits....but in a good way.


The other day I went out to a Mexican food restaurant near my house and I left not feeling so hot.  I didn't realize it at the time why I wasn't feeling well but I realized today.

I went to a Chinese food buffet for dinner today and halfway through my plate I got a headache and my stomach started to ache!  I realized then that my diet has changed so much of the past few months that I cannot "indulge" in the same foods that I used to love.  I only ate vegetables and grains today (no meat) but I still felt icky.  All of the grease and salt (oh my!) had me feeling awful.

I like going out to eat and socializing, but I will have to suggest "better" places to eat in the future OR even better, suggest non food related activities.  We can meet at a park and go for a walk or watch a movie.  Watch out friends, no more food related activities for me (or at least fewer!).

Our nation has made food the center off our social activities and holidays.  Think about the major holidays in the USA, all of them are centered around food.  4th of July has BBQ,Christmas has ham themed dinner, Thanksgiving is all about the turkey, etc. etc. etc.  Maybe we can all suggest an activity before or after the meal to at least include a walk or run 'race'.  Or maybe set up an obstacle course at the local neighborhood park for everyone to participate in.

Anyway, this week I am going to stay my course and eat my favorite sandwich for breakfast.  I have a new favorite salad which includes:  arugula, tomatoes, onions, unsalted sunflower seeds, salt + pepper, and Tessamae's lemon and garlic dressing (best dressing ever).

I am going out of town to Dallas to visit Clarissa this weekend and see the Rangers take on the Kansas City Royals with other SFA Alumni.  I will be hard taking my food to Dallas with me, so I will have to see how that goes.  I might just buy some salad stuff when I get there except at the ball field, I heard they have vegan hot dogs which I'm kinda excited to try!  They aren't carrot hot dogs, but still.   I love carrot hot dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment