Thursday, May 22, 2014

Laundry

I was listening to the Rod Ryan Show this morning on the way to work and they were talking about how often you wash your jeans.  The CEO of Levi's Strauss apparently doesn't wash his jeans ever!  Apparently there are other jean connoisseurs that rarely wash them too!  I am not sure where he lives, but it is probably up north somewhere where it doesn't get so hot like here.  He (the CEO) says that it breaks down the jeans and the dye, so not to wash them often.
I know you can only see a bit of this guys jeans, but he is just pretty and I just wanted to give you a special treat when you read this!  You are welcome.

People were calling into the show saying that they never wash their's or some wash them all the time.  One guy said that he hasn't washed them since college!  That's gross!!!!!  (he didn't sound young either)  He just puts them in the freezer when they start to stink. LOL.  I just don't know what to say to that, so all you can do is laugh nervously.  Please don't say that guy is single and please don't say that I will ever go on a blind date with him. ;)  Rod Ryan himself said that he washes his jeans all the time.

If you know me at all, you will know that I hate doing laundry.  I usually don't do laundry until I run out of underwear (sorry, TMI) or I just go buy new ones.  LOL.  I seriously hate doing laundry.  Even hating doing laundry, I only wear jeans a few times before washing them.  But a whole year or never?  Absolutely not!  I think the general consensus from the people they talked to online said that they were them several times before washing them, so I am not too odd washing them when I do.

Here is some more of my laundry TMI.  I wash towels that I use after a shower about once a week to a week and a half.  They are hanging on a hook in my bathroom between showers so it's not like they are on the floor or something.  I mean, you are clean when you use them, so they aren't dirty, right?  That is my opinion! ;)
Th is is the brand I use, but when I googled this image, a few others came up.  Check them out, they work! :)

This might be gross (I agree with you, but I hate doing laundry)...I wear my workout clothes multiple times (3-4) between washes.  I admit that is gross, but you are only sweating in them each time, they are meant to be dirty.  I only wash workout clothes together, so the quadruple sweatiness is only cleaned together.  I also don't dry my workout clothes because it wears them out faster and I use regular laundry soap plus a workout soap that is meant to get out sweat odor from clothes (you can get it at running stores).  Plus, they hang on a doorknob/hook to air out between uses.

Everything else I wash each time I wear it, so don't worry, I'm clean!

What about you?  How often do you wash your jeans?  Am I alone in the towel and workout clothes laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment