Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year, New You Challenge

There is 90 days left until the Driving Jacks 5K in April (well, there was when I thought of this!) and I want to be prepared for it.  No, I am not running in it, I am running it...planning it that is.  I was looking at the 2012 pictures and I was not a fan of how I looked, so this year I want to look healthier.  Part of my look from 2012 was based on no sleep, but that is beside the point.

I created a 90 Day New Year, New You Challenge between me and my friend Terrie.  Terrie and her mom are both running in the 5K, so they wanted to get in shape for it too.  I created a three month calendar for us to workout to. It really is just a calendar made in word that I added two little black dresses and the header too. Super easy to make.
Once you work out, you get a sticker or smiley face added.  Each sticker equals $1 and at the end of the month you get to total up your money and spend it on whatever you want.  Hopefully new clothes since you will be skinny!  Of course healthy eating will go along with this challenge, but I wanted to focus on movement.  I didn't want everyone to have to track calories and stuff, so I didn't include that in the challenge.  Plus, I am not shilling any magic product to make you lose weight, I just want to move myself and I do better with friends keeping me accountable.


"Rules" to get a gold star/smiley face/checkmark/sticker:
1.  A workout must be at least 1 mile or more (walking or running).  If you are a beginner, 1 mile is good, if you are not, challenge yourself and you decide what counts as a gold star-but be consistent with it
2.  OR a 45 minute workout in weights or cardio
3.  OR a 1 exercise DVD (at least 30-45 minutes)

I invited some FB friends to join us too and YOU are welcome to join as well.  I am going to try to send out weekly updates on my progress and motivation via email, but like evidenced in the past, I tend to slack off on my challenge updates.  

So, join us!  I would be happy to include you in the weekly emails.  Email me and I will add you random internet stranger. :)

p.s.  I plan on doing a few workouts from my pinterest board to knock out some of my 32 before 32 (which I haven't even started yet!  Yikes!).


No comments:

Post a Comment