Friday, May 13, 2011

May 12th 2011

I just realized that Thursday was my 4 year anniversary of graduating college.  4 years has seemed to fly by.  I was reflecting on where I am now versus where I was 4 years ago.  It’s depressing really. 

Then:  I had $35 K in student loans. 
Now:  I still have about $32K in student loans.  I can’t pay the interest fast enough to bring down the principal
Outcome: Depressing

Then: I got a job at a huge company thinking I could move my way up and have a career.
Now: At the same company in a different position and no chance of moving up
Outcome: Depressing

Then:  Started at said company making a low amount of a salary
Now:  Make almost the same amount of money-after two ½ years with the company I was finally able to get one raise.
Outcome: Depressing

Then: No boyfriend
Now: A guy that I have had a crush on for 3 years that doesn’t notice me no matter what I do or say.  Oh, and he thinks I’m obnoxious.  I am forced to see and talk to him everyday until God moves me out of here.  I like talking with him and seeing him, but it hurts me everytime I do.
Outcome: Depressing

Then: Not going to church
Now:  Found a great church and have made lots of friends
Outcome: Great

Then: No pet
Now:  Coolest cat on Earth, Jabba the Hutt
Outcome: Great

Then:  1 adorable nephew
Now:  3 adorable nephews
Outcome: Great

Overall, the last few months have been great in terms of church and meeting new friends.  Financially and career wise though things are not going well.  God has a plan and will provide for me as I need it.  I just need to keep faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment