Wednesday, May 4, 2011

God Bless America

It seems like everytime I turn on the news the past few days there is a new detail regarding the Osama Bin Laden death. 

Mostly though it seems they are celebrating his death.  I am conflicted because on one hand I want to see justice for the victims of 9/11, but on the other hand I do not want to celebrate anyone’s death.  It just seems wrong.  Yes, he was a bad guy but do two wrongs make a right? 

The bible says:
“Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? Declares the Sovereign LORD, Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?” Ezekiel 18:23

I want them to believe in Jesus, but I don’t want to kill them or put harm against them if they don’t.   The victims of 9/11 do need justice, but who is meant to carry out the justice?  God will judge them; it’s not my place too. 

Love the sinner, hate the sin.

With that being said, God Bless America. 


No comments:

Post a Comment