Monday, June 5, 2017

Mud Factor Mud Run

Back in November or December I signed up for a mud run with Mud Factor.  I signed up during a “special pricing” window for (I think) $35 but every time I looked at the website, it was always the same price.  So, I’m not too sure about that special pricing.  I think they were on Groupon too.

Anyway, I didn’t get ANY communication (besides the sign up email) until the day before the race.  I thought surely there would be some sort of communication, but nope.  Luckily, the day before the race they did send something, otherwise I would have completely forgotten! 


I got there about 30 minutes before the race (they suggest an hour) and parked haphazardly.  They were directing us to park really close together but we were blocking everyone in.  At the end I had to wait 30 minutes for someone to move their car enough for me to get out.  AND you had to PAY $10 to park.  They did say that in the sign up but for us to get blocked in and have to park, that is no Bueno.


I got my bib, bandanna and temporary tattoo quickly and walked around a bit looking for at everything.  They were charging $25 for a t-shirt (!!!) that they probably got for $6.  The food and drinks were not included like most races, not even something like a bottled water or bananas were free!  There was water after the loop (two loop course) but that‘s it.

The obstacles were cool, two were walls you had to climb, one was a slip in slide down a hill (!!!!!!!), a cargo net walls, barbed wire through mud, etc.  I was only going to do one loop because it was lame, but I wanted my medal so I did a 2nd loop.  I got my medal and took a picture of myself caked in mud.  There were some showers that were pumping water from the local creek.  Some people were just wading in the river to get the mud off.  No one (that I know of) got bit by an alligator though. LOL.


I got back to my car, changed and waited for someone next to me to move their car so I could get out.  The parking situation really irked me, can you tell? LOL.



Anyway, all in all mud races are not for me.  I for sure would NOT recommend Mud Factor as the race to go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment