Thursday, June 1, 2017

35 Birthdays

Birthdays, birthdays.  Another year older and wiser.  I turned 35 this year and I can’t believe it.  The saying: “the days are long but the years are short” is sooooooooo true.  Lately though, I have found that the days are short too.  I look up and it’s nighttime and then look up again and another week/month/year has passed.  I guess the less intentional you are with your life and time, the faster it goes by.  Isn’t there a verse in the Bible about when choosing to live a righteous life, your years are extended?  I guess I need to be more intentional-actually I know I do.  I get lost in my computer some (most) days and I feel like I lost a whole day of my life-well I did lose a whole day.

Anyway, my birthday was on the 30th and I turned 35.  I have always subscribed to the theory, “if you don’t like where you are, move.  You’re not a tree”.  About 5 years ago I did that and my life was going great, I had a good paying job, lived in a nice area of town, I was paying down debt quickly, lost a ton of weight, had a ton of friends, was always busy, etc.  I went into a deep depression for a few years and I am just now getting out of it.  I still believe in the ‘move’ theory, but I feel stuck.  Stuck. Stuck. Stuck. 

I didn’t set out for this to be a negative post about my life, but birthday’s do that to you as you reflect on another year that has gone by. 


The night of my birthday my friend took me to Sub Zero IceCream (bucket list!!) where they make the ice cream in front of you using liquid nitrogen.  It was so cool and I had wanted to try it as soon as I heard about it.  They actually have a smokey nitrogen thing going on when they make it!!!

I chose the (non-plant based) regular cream with cherries, peanut butter cups, marshmallows, and a waffle cone.  It was really good.  I almost got the birthday cake one, but I decided to make my own flavor.


Afterwards we walked across the street for a cocktail atBarBazzar in Webster.  I LOVED this place!!!  It was a mixture of bakery and deli plus a few mixed drinks including champagne and beer. 
I spy chocolate covered bacon!
I got the hibiscus cocktail and my friend Tracie got a latte.  Funny story, she went inside to get cinnamon and sugar but it was semi-dark…she got black pepper instead!  Haha.  It was funny. 


I made a wish on my cocktail about my goals and dreams for my life this year and beyond.   We stayed there until the place closed just talking and catching up. Tracie is one of my closest friends these days.  ‘Twas a good night indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment