Thursday, January 5, 2017

Texas State Parks

Texas is the best state of them all-I truly believe that!  Anywhere you go in the world, people always know where Texas is at on the map.  We are a world wide legend.  Texas is also so diverse in terrain where from side to side and tip to you can see everything from beaches to desert to swamps to mountains to prairies to piney woods.  Texas has it all!

In each part of the state there are state parks where you can enjoy each landscape and learn about the area.  You want to see the 2nd largest canyon in the USA?  Try Palo Duro State Park.
(Source)

You want to see actual dinosaur tracks from 113 million years ago?  Head to Dinosaur Valley State Park.

Want to view the stars with a fancy telescope?  Make your way to Brazos Bend State Park, which is super close to Houston.  Watch for the gators!

I want to pay homage to my favorite state by heading to each one.  I am going to attempt all 54 state parks for sure and perhaps among those times I will head to the other places listed.

The Texas State Parks are currently having budget issues and are in need of help.  I will try and do my part each year to save our parks!  Click on the link to read about all of the state parks.  I will try and update this post as I visit each one.

Texas State Parks List (source)


No comments:

Post a Comment