Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Handmade Earring Holder

I have been meaning to get an earring holder for awhile now.  I was just going to buy one and I googled "earring holder" and saw a whole bunch of handmade ones.  I said to myself, "self, you can totally make one of those" and I did!  My PawPaw helped me make it (he cut the wire and stapled it to the back of the frame).

The entire project cost about $10 for the frame, wire, and spray paint.


Directions for How to Make an 
Easy Handmade Earring Holder


Materials Needed:
Frame (thrift shop, baby!)
Spray paint
Wire (available outside in lawn section of most hardware stores by the chicken wire)
Staple Gun
Staples
Sandpaper (optional)


Directions:
1.  Take glass and art out of frame
2.  Use spray paint to paint frame in whatever color you wish.  Let dry.
3.  Cut wire to appropriate size of frame
4.  Staple wire to the back of the frame
5.  Use sandpaper to 'rough up' the paint to make a rustic feel (optional)
6.  Hang on the frame on the wall and add earrings

Use spray paint that adheres to the type of material you are using.  This one adheres to wood, plastic and metal.




With staples

Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment