Friday, July 22, 2011

#6 Complete a 1/2 Marathon (13.1 Miles)


#6 Complete a 1/2 Marathon (13.1 Miles)

So #6 on my list is to complete a ½ marathon by May of 2012.  I have always looked at runners and thought, I could never do that.  So in my head my lack of belief in myself became the “I don’t’ like to run” excuse.

In my life over the last few years I have come to realize that I can do stuff, I am just choosing not to by negative self talk.  That is sort of where the list came from.  Some items scare me to death, but I am doing them.  I can only limit myself so far before I want to break out of my comfort zone.

So the ½ Marathon (13.1 miles) I choose is the LaPorte by the Bay Half Marathon on December 4th, 2011.  I am scared and filled with self doubt but I am working towards my goal every day.  Part of the marathon includes running up the Fred Hartman Bridge TWICE!



Here is a pic of the bridge.  Craziness?  I think so! The bridge is actually really, really, really steep but it just doesn't look it by this pic).





So I want YOU to sign up and complete it with us.  Go to http://www.laportebythebayhalfmarathon.com/ and sign up.  Otherwise you can come out and support us!!! 

So far there are about 6 of us running and YOU and YOUR friends can be included.  Proceeds go to charity (Bridge Over Covered Waters).

To train for this I am going running in the mornings 2-3 times during the work week and longer runs on Sat or Sun (sometimes both).  I am working my way up to 13 miles.  On Saturday we meet at different places throughout Houston to train together as a group (Memorial Park, Kemah Bridge, LaPorte bridge, Seabrook trails, Huntsville State Park, etc) and you are welcome to come with us.  We all go at our own pace so do not feel like you will be left behind.  Email me or comment if you want to come (for safety reasons I am not going to post where we are going!). 

Trust me if I can do this, then YOU can too!




No comments:

Post a Comment