Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Hands Horse Show

This past Saturday was the HLSR's Top Hands Horse Show and I was lucky enough to volunteer for it!  I am on the Special Children's Committee and we help put on the event for the kids. 

The Top Hand Hands Horse Show is for mentally and physically handicapped kids/adults, where they get to participate in rodeo events.  As part of their therapy, many children go to horse camps and ride horses.  Once a year, they participate in the Top Hands Horse Show to win awards.  They go at their own pace, with helpers walking along side of them. 

My scheduled volunteer time was from 7 am - 1 pm, but I ended up staying all day and left around 8:30 pm.  I stayed in the hospitality suite most of the time helping to ensure all snacks and drinks were stocked and also helping to serve lunch and dinner.  I got to wear my new badge holder!  It's is pretty, so full of bling! :)


The kids would come in to get drinks and show us their awards, it was so cute!  They were very proud of their awards, and for many of them it was their first award ever!  The first place winners got a cool belt buckle and the other winners either got this cool trophy (below) or a ribbon.
It was a great day and I am glad I was able to be a part of it.  I have several other  nights I have to volunteer and I cannot wait til they come!  We have a day tour scheduled and three concerts that I will be working.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment