Monday, February 11, 2013

I got my hair did

(Side note:  I know the correct grammar is "I had my hair done"...but the other way makes for a more fun title!)

On Saturday I went to get my hair done in Baytown at a salon I haven't been to in years!  When I first graduated I lived on the east side of Houston and worked in Baytown.  I found a salon that I loved and a hairstylist that I loved too.  I usually do not have a hair person that I go to constantly, but Melody is such an awesome person and great at doing hair.  Melody and I have been friends on FB for awhile now and she had an opening for Saturday afternoon that I snatched up quick!

I had been wanting to do something different to my hair for awhile now and I felt my hair was just really flat.  Time to make a change!  I knew I didn't want to go back to blonde but wasn't sure exactly what to tell them that I wanted.  Luckily, Melody is a pro at doing color and suggested that I do low lights in a deep brown color.  I didn't want big streaks to where you can really tell I color my hair, I just didn't want it to be flat and mousey brown anymore.

I sat around and talked to Melody catching up on what's been going on with her.  Then it was time for my color and cut (more layers).  You can sort of tell from this photo where the low lights are, but not really.  Don't you just love how people at salons fix you hair so pretty, but then when you try to recreate it when you get it you can't?  Grr!  I wish I was good at doing my hair.





Then on Saturday I went out for a night on the town with some friends at a restaurant called the Union Kitchen to hear a band play.  Super fun!  Can you tell it's a bit darker?  Well, people at work have been noticing so maybe it's more drastic than I thought.


That was pretty much my weekend!  I lost my debit card on Saturday night (boo) and had a relay team meeting for my race in March.  Otherwise it was an uneventful weekend.

What did you do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment