Monday, October 31, 2016

Happenings Lately Vol 12

Hey guys!  I hope all is well in your land.  Here are some things that I have been up to lately or just news that I have been meaning to write about. 

Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday to my sister, Laura! 
I am going to my parents’ house tonight to take my niece trick-or-treating.  So fun.  She is going as Super Girl.  I will try and get a pic.
 



I did my American duty and voted
Let’s be honest, both candidates are not the best but I believe in one party 85% so I voted for that person.  We shall see how the election goes.


Picnic in the Park
We went to church last weekend and afterwards had an impromptu picnic in the park. 



Crackin’ Pecans
A friend gave me a big bag of pecans from her yard and I brought them over to my parent’s house to crack them.  We convinced my grandmother via Facebook to make us a pecan pie.  She said “How can I say no with all of these witnesses”.  LOL.  That was our plan! :)
 
She is a HAM!  I love that face.
5K eBook
I sold my first eBook on my 5K planning site.  I am not sure if I mentioned that I was making a website based on this post that sells an eBook on it.  My first one sold the other day and I was ecstatic!  I looked at my phone and noticed a PayPal logo on the notifications and wasn’t sure why.  I got a very nice surprise when I opened it and saw that my first copy of my eBook sold!!!!!!



Simmons Studio
I am saddened to hear that Richard Simmons is closing his L.A. Studio, Slimmons, in November.  I am so glad that I checked it off my bucket list when I did.


Ice Cream Sandwich
I am on a diet (25 lbs gone!) and noticed that this bench at work looks exactly like an ice cream sandwich.  The mind plays tricks on you when you aren’t getting sugar!  :)  #youknowyouareonadietwhen



Garage Sale Success
We had a garage sale at my parents’ house and made $375!  Well, I made $10 and my parents made $365.  I woke up at 4 am and was going non-stop until 1:30 pm, when I promptly took a nap.  I really love garage sales! #myparentshavealotofcrap

LinkedIn Lawsuit
Remember way back when LinkedIn contacted me about a class-action lawsuit?  Well, apparently they won and had to pay out.  I received a total of $20.43 that was promptly put in my savings account.  #savingforahouse
 
Please excuse the bad "MS Paint" job
Mystery Shop
Speaking of savings, I am still doing mystery shops for extra $$!  (Go to this post for a list of the reputable companies I have used.)  I got an email from Sinclair about getting a $15 (plus up to $10 reimbursement for food) bonus for a pizza shop in my area that is on the way home. I signed up because hey, who wouldn’t want $15 for pizza!  Pizza is not on my diet plan (cheese) so my plan was to give it to a homeless person on the street but I could not find any!  It was a Friday night so maybe they all went to do something else.  Anyway, $15!



Inbox Dollars
Also, check out Inbox Dollars to sign up for some surveys.  It is so easy to make money for them.  I have made $90 total but about $30 each time-usually about twice a year.  I know it isn’t too much, but if you sign up you can make money before Christmas and have some stocking stuffer $$.


No comments:

Post a Comment