Monday, October 17, 2016

Fun With Famous People

So last week I met two famous people, I guess it was a week of celebrities.  :)  Jose Altuve came to my work for a bit (I've met him a few times) and Rachel Cruze was in Houston for a book signing that I went to.

Rachel Cruze came to the Houston area to do a book signing for her new book, Love Your Life, Not Theirs.  Rachel Cruze, in case you didn't know, is Dave Ramsey's daughter and is a member of his Ramsey Personalities team.  She is super sweet and hugged everyone that came through the line.  I didn't feel rushed at all. She seems like a person you would really like to be friends with in real life. :)

I really liked her pants.  She told me what kind they were, but I don't remember what she said.
I have gotten through a few chapters and I love it!  It is about money management as well as not comparing yourself to your friends/families/acquaintances life.  She talks about how people use the #blessed hashtag (or a variation) as a way of humble bragging.  'My husband just bought me a new Mercedes #blessed' or something like that.  I really loved it.

They were also giving away $1,000 to one lucky person and also a wallet she designed.  I didn't win either one f those drawings. :/  That's OK because those people needed it more than me, I suppose.  But darn it, who wouldn't want a $1,000?!

Jose Altuve (of the Houston Astros) came to my work and I was able to take a picture with him. (That's all I can really say about him coming!  I don't want to mix work with my blog).


Anyway, it was the week of celebrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment