Friday, February 6, 2015

Cash Money

After I babysat on Wednesday night, I stayed the night at my parents’ house.  There really wasn’t any point of me driving 45 minutes home late at night and then getting up early and driving the 1.25 hours it takes to work the next morning.  I just stayed there and just drove to work from Spring.

I didn’t want to wake everyone up while making breakfast so I just stopped at Starbucks on the way to work.  I was in line, waiting for my iced coffee and everything bagel (w/ no cream cheese-#100daycruisediet) when I spotted a Powerball lottery ticket that was folded up on the floor.  I pointed it out to the lady next to me to see if it was hers and it wasn’t.  I joked that it would be funny if it turned out to be the mega winner and she would see me on the news.  I figured it wouldn’t hurt if I picked it up and put it in my purse to check the numbers later on.
 
I won on the first set of numbers
I checked the numbers on my phone and they I had won $8!!!!!!  I was very excited that all I did was bend down and pick up a piece of (accidental) trash on the ground while I was waiting for my coffee.  I went to the convenience store later and I cashed it in.  I’m not sure what I am planning on doing with it.  We shall see!  I will probably put it in my online savings account and make .75% interest. Boring! (You know you're old when...)  Ha!  ;)  


PSA:  Don’t buy lottery tickets!  They are a waste of money, people.  However, if you choose to buy them, make sure you guard them in your pocket so they will not fall out!  Seriously.   

This person spent $10 but they only won $8.  That’s $2 that you will never get back.  Actually, in that persons case it’s $8 they won’t get back, but whatever. Haha.  I will say that when the lottery is up to a ton (over a few hundred million), I will buy ONE ticket.  Yes, just one.  I figure that if God wants you to win a lottery ticket, he will make you win.  However, you are only going to win on one ticket, no 20 that you wasted your money on.  If you are going to win, God will make you win with your one ticket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment