Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bingo in the Heights

Last Thursday a group of friends went to Bingo in the Heights.  Let me tell you, I have never had so much fun playing bingo!  I got off work at 5:30 pm and headed straight there.  Luckily, a group of friends were saving a spot for me because it was PACKED!  There are tons of long tables, but there wasn’t a seat in the whole place if you hadn’t gotten there early. 


Most bingo places you go there are little old ladies with their troll dolls and other good luck symbols, but at Bingo in the Heights, most everyone is on the younger side.  Plus, NO SMOKING!!!!!  I love it when I go places that are nonsmoking.  Most of the bingo halls I have been to have all been smoking (or at least have a smoking area) and you leave smelling like an ash tray-YUCK!


It is a minimum of $5 to play and you can buy extra bonus cards for $1 each.  A friend let me borrow a dabber; otherwise it would have been another $1.  They also have food and drinks available, but you can bring your own.  You can bring your own wine and liquor, but just not beer and mixers.  I ended up bringing some Chex Mix and I bought a soda there.  (I am trying to stop the soda addiction again!)
 
Flash back:  Who remembers drinking these in high school?  Or for the good kids out there, college?! Luckily I can afford better drinks. :)


During the game people kept saying “Corners” and we did too.  I just kept saying it since everyone at my table did too, but it turns out that if you get all four corners (in a ‘regular’ bingo game-straight line) that is considered a Bingo!  WHAT?!  Crazy talk!  I had NO idea.  Someone won towards the end of the night with a four corner bingo and I found that information out.  So upsetting!  Here I was, just minding my own business, saying ‘Corners’ every once in a while, then BAM, someone wins and I didn’t know.  BUT now I know and I will forever know.  Bonus:  You guys know that now too! 


Anyway, throughout the game, when someone won, people would boo them. LOL. At all of the other places I have been too, they sigh and grumble, but I have never heard someone boo’d.  It was so funny.  It was all in fun and not mean at all, don’t worry!  I was happy for people who won, even though I boo’d people too.  People (our table, lol) even made “BOO” signs from the bingo dabbers to hold up when someone won!


When they called out O69, everyone was like “OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH 69”.  Too funny!  They were like silly teenagers.



I did not win or even come close that night, but I had so much fun it made up for it!  (Actually I would rather have been super bored and won. :)  )

No comments:

Post a Comment