Monday, August 20, 2012

Weight loss

As you know I am currently training for a marathon and trying to eat healthier at the same time.  Of course I don't want to put my actual weight on here, but I will tell you that since my breast reduction I have lost  40 lbs!  I have lost that over the past 3 years, but have only recently really started to lose the weight.  I joined Curves back in 2008, had the reduction in 2009 and started going to a 'regular' gym in 2010.  2011 marked the starting of my running experiment where I have lost the most weight.   Running is awesome cardio!


After I finished my goal for 2011 to run a half marathon, I did nothing for the next 6 months.  Maybe a workout DVD here or there, but overall...NOTHING!  Then came the end of June when I was picked in the lottery for the 2013 Houston Marathon and I realized that I better kick my booty in high gear if I wanted to be ready for it.  26.2 ain't no easy thing y'all! :)

I started switching watch I was eating, watching my portion sizes, and within a month (maybe a month and a half) I have lost 10 lbs!!  One of the things that has helped me (besides saying no to cupcakes!) is to track my weight daily.  Some say that this doesn't help you, but I think it does.

What I did was make a calendar and each morning I weigh myself right when I wake up, before I eat anything.  I write it down on the paper and I can track how much I have lost/gained any given week.  I am a very visual person so another thing I do is every time I workout during that week, I put a smiley face sticker! When I look back over the course of the month I start to see patterns for the times that I lost weight vs the times that I didn't by how much exercise I did.  I could be a super focused person by tracking my food also, but I don't want to. haha.  (Sorry, t.m.i.-I also note what days I am on my period so when I look back I can see why I didn't lose weight those days).

My next weight lost goal is to lose 10 more lbs before September 22nd when I go on vacation and have to look cute in a bathing suit in front of cute cabana boys. ;)  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment