Sunday, December 27, 2015

My (reputable) Food Truck Experience

I have always (well, since they became popular) wanted to go to a gourmet food truck and try it.  I don’t ever seem them on the side of the road or parked anywhere so I haven’t gotten a chance.  

People say that they are all over, but I haven’t had the opportunity to go.  After my sad experience at a food truck festival this summer, I decided I didn’t want to go to a festival, I would only go to a parked one.

My dad and stepmom, Pie asked me what I wanted for Christmas.  I am actually trying to de-clutter my life so I told them they could pick something on my bucket list and do it with me.  I would much rather have experiences than things any day, so that is a perfect gift for me!  They picked “eat at a (reputable) food truck”.


In Spring, there is a food truck park called Bernie’s Backyard.  I had heard about it several times but never been, so we went there.  We each got different items and we all split everything to share.  There are lots of tables outside where you can sit, but it was a rather cold (for Houston) night so we went inside the bar area where they serve drinks and got a table.  On certain nights they even have a band!


I got a frito pie philly cheese steak and mac and cheese wedges from The Naked Fry.




Dad got pizza from Rustica.


Pie got a Korean cheese sandwich and OMG fries from Oh My Gogi.  OMG, the OMG fries were AMAZING!



Everything was delicious!  Dad and Pie’s favorite was the pizza but mine was the OMG fries for sure!  We were all so full by the time we left.  It was a very fun treat to spend time with my family. :)


On the way home they got chicken tenders from Love Me Tenders for Justin since he was asleep when we left.  They said they were really good tenders but I didn't try them since I was so stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment