Sunday, March 18, 2012

Message in a bottle

This weekend I sent a message in a bottle, it was #29 on my 30 under 30 list.

On Friday I headed to Corpus Christi, TX to have a fun visit and hang out by the beach.  Corpus is about 4 hours from Houston so I got their around 8:30 pm.

My friend Nicky gave me this message in a bottle set when we went to the opera. Thanks Nicky!! 


It comes with a bottle, wax, candle, cork, and two notes to add to the bottle.



I wrote a note telling whoever finds it about my 30 under 30 list and how to contact me when they find it.



I rolled it up and stuck it inside the tube. My nephew also wrote a note to stick inside.  I don't know what exactly his said, but it was something about he likes video games.  Then he asked me how to spell pirate, so it must be about pirates also. LOL.


The kit came with two pre-written notes, but I decided to write my own.


Then added the wax (then you heat it up to melt it).


We headed out on the boat on Saturday morning to throw it out. This is my nephew Hunter and my Bro-in-Law Beau getting ready to go fishing/throw the bottle.



It's in the water!!! You can't really see it, but this is where we threw it and it's floating.




Hopefully it will make it's way to a person far, far away. When we threw it (Hunter actually threw it out) I was hoping that no one would see it in the area and pick it up. LOL. That would be just my luck. :/

If anyone finds it I will be sure to let everyone know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment