Monday, December 17, 2012

Keep Calm

Today I did something that I haven't done in over a year...I got up and worked out at 5:30 am!  Wow! 


If you know me well, you know that I love me some sleep.  Love, Love, Love  me some sleep.  When I lived in Pearland and was training for my first half marathon I would get up at 5:11 am every morning and be at my favorite running trail by 5:30.  Today, I got up and went to my apartment gym!  I am loving the fact that my apartments have a cardio section and also a weight room.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then did some strength training in the weight room (very little strength training though).

I really liked getting up early and starting my day off with a sweat session, it really helped start my day.  I also liked that it is a 2 minute walk to the gym so I didn't have to waste time driving.  Hopefully I will start making it a habit and maybe start doing two workouts a day (yeah right!).  One can dream!  When I start training for another triathlon, I will have to do two work outs a day. <----That is way off in the summer though.

My DVD player works, but my new fancy remote control does not.  I cannot seem to figure out how to work it because when I push any button, it doesn't work!  IDK.  I love doing the 30 Day Shred (second favorite workout) and also Strong Body, Ageless Body (my favorite workout!) DVD's but since my remote isn't working I can't play them.  I got to hit select or the down button, and it only has a red light at the top. :/

Any suggestions on how to fix it let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment