Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Feast of Saint Thomas

There is an old Swiss Tradition on the night of December 21st that is called the Feast of Saint Thomas.  I first heard about this on a Hallmark movie, Let it Snow.  I first watched the movie at the end of November or early December and I just KNEW I wanted to do it.  It might be silly, but whatever. :)

I forgot about it until Sunday afternoon when I was watching other Hallmark movies and then I remembered!  I actually thought I had missed it, but luckily, once I checked the date online, it was the next night.  Phew. It’s too late to do it this year, but all you single ladies out there put it on your calendar to do next year on December 21st! ;)




How to Dream About Your Future Husband on the Feast of St. Thomas:
1. Climb into bed using a step-stool 
2. Remove your shoes
3.  Spin around 3 times
4. Throw the shoes at your bedroom door
5. Sleep with your head at the foot of the bed while your feet are propped up on a pillow
Follow all of these instructions and you will dream of the man you are destined to marry.

How did it turn out for me?  Well, I did it exactly like the directions said and fell asleep.  I woke up several times throughout the night, trying to remember if I dreamed of my ‘future husband’ but I always went right back to sleep.  One time I did dream of someone and I remember thinking “that is not someone I would normally be attracted to, but it’s supposed to be true”.  LOL.  We were holding hands and looking into each other’s eyes in the dream, so who knows. Haha.

Only time would tell.  I honestly don’t remember what he looked like other than I think he had dark hair.  It was just a fun thing to do. :) 


Let me know if it works for you.  I posted it on FB yesterday and I think several people were going to do it. 

15 comments: