Saturday, December 29, 2012

Addition and Subtraction

For years I have heard the saying that people do one of two things in your life, they either add or subtract from your life.  I have heard that saying many times but it didn’t ‘click’ until a few days ago.  I have been thinking of this for awhile now, but it has been this past year that I have seen this change in my life.  You get to go inside my head for a bit, don’t be scared! ;)

I am a people pleaser and don’t like to say anything controversial in fear of upsetting someone.  I like to make people happy and give back to people.  I don’t say much about politics and I have just recently started saying religious things.  Life is too short to not say what you feel.  Of course you need to be mindful of other people’s feelings and also where you say things (like at work for instance where things for the most part need to be a neutral zone). 
People come into your life for a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime
In this past year I have made numerous changes to my life that some people don’t understand or that they didn’t like.  Like I have said before, this is my life and nobody else can live it for me, I have to do what is best for me.  There are three people that I have stopped talking to because they basically were subtracting from my life.  I have been friends with these three people for years and over the past year I had noticed that they weren’t aligning with my new direction.  No one is perfect of course but when someone makes you feel bad about yourself or that you can’t be who you really are with them, it’s time to let them go.  Some people can be let go slowly, others need an axe whack job.  I don’t know if these people will ever come back in my life, but as of now, to help with my own personal growth, they needed to go.  It does make me sad and I miss these people sometimes, but I will miss myself even more if I don’t make myself into who God intended me to be.
In 2013 (and beyond) I am going to work on getting over my fear of losing other people’s approval and also fear of rejection.  Whether it be books, seminars, or CD’s I am going to work hard on that goal.  I have already lost one friend who doesn’t believe you should try and better yourself (her words) and that I think I am better than everyone since I am trying to do that.  What?!  There is nothing wrong with making your life better.  You can be better or bitter, it’s YOUR choice.  I don’t think I am better than anyone and I want everyone to join me in making better decision for their life.
Whether it be financial, spiritual, health, relationships, or work you can make a change that will add to your life.  I am currently working on my 2013 goals and will publish them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment