Sunday, December 2, 2012

4th Place

I was looking at my Athlinks profile today and I noticed that my last 5K (the Houston Wellness 5K), where I set a new PR, I actually came in 4th place in my age group. 

I know that may not be exciting to any of you, but it is to me and this is my blog so it's pretty cool. ;)  So, now I know that if I came in 5 minutes faster I would have been in the top three for my age group which is one of the goals I set back in January.  (Side note, I don't think I completed ANY of my goals for 2012 so don't look at that post. haha).

We shall see if the next time I do that race I get faster and I still place that high.  That's my new goal after I finish my marathon in January.  I want to get speedy and podium at a race!  I want a race plaque or trophy.  Anyone want to do track workouts with me?  Maybe I will run the 2013 Driving Jacks 5K and I will win. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment