Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Fun in Dallas Part Two

The SFA Alumni Association hosted a get together at the Texas Rangers game when they played the Kansas City Royals on Saturday.  After I left the Mary Kay Seminar I went to Clarissa’s to hang out with her until we left for the game.  The first 15,000 fans would get a free bobble head, but we didn’t make it in time.  I did see one and they were cool.    

As part of our tickets, we got a free BBQ buffet picnic.  I knew ahead of time what the menu would be and I knew I wouldn’t be able to eat it, so I set out to find different options.  In Section 16 of the Rangers stadium on the main concourse, there are vegan options!  They had a veggie burger, salads, wraps, nachos and also hot dogs-all made with plant friendly ingredients.  I was really excited to try the vegan hotdog but then the wraps with Chik’n looked good.  BUT…..I got sick later so fake meat is not my friend.  I will stick to tempeh, not weird, wannabe chicken.

The game started a little late because there was a Texas Rangers Hall of Fame induction being held that night on the field.  Michael Young had a 12 year career with the Texas Rangers and now works in the Rangers office. 

After the ceremony the game started and it was tied 1-1 most of the game.  About 45 minutes into the game I felt really nauseous.  I don’t know if it was the “chik’n” in my wrap or just the heat of the stadium, but I didn’t feel good.  I thought Houston was hot, but Dallas has this dry hell-like situation going on that was not fun.  Once I dry heaved for a little while in the bathroom, I went to sit down in the breeze of the top level of the stadium, away from a gazillion people.  I cooled down and went back to the seats with Clarissa and Michael (Clarissa’ new BF).
Isn't this a fun detail on the stadium?
 The Rangers player, Mitch Moreland, hit a home run in the bottom of the 9th inning, winning the game!  We took a selfie.
I finally got to wear my baseball shirt and jewelry.  All about that base.

After the game we went out to Sherlock’s Baker Street Pub, close by to the stadium, where we heard the band, Empire 6.  They were really good, I would definitely recommend them!  I got their card for an event we are hosting at work.  We left around 12:30 pm and I went to bed pretty much right after.


That was pretty much my weekend.  Lots of driving all around Dallas and hanging out with one of my best friends.  Fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment