Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Clarissa's 30th Birthday

One of my best friends, Clarissa, lives in Dallas and was turning 30 a few weeks ago.  Dallas is about 4 1/2 hours away from where I live and it is really far!  Clarissa had asked if I wanted to come up there and party for her 30th birthday, but I couldn't go.  I had actually made plans to go to a fish fry (what? who am I?) and didn't really want to make the long drive.  I was sad, but I send her some cookies to make up for it! Don't worry, I bought them, I didn't make them.
Yummy chocolate covered Oreo's!

Hector had called to see if I was going and I told him that I wasn't because I didn't want to drive that far and put that many miles on my car.  He said he would drive if I went with him and we could surprise her.  I thought it would be fun to surprise her, so I said yes!  I had to hurry and get dressed and packed before we left.  I don't know why I bother to be anywhere on time when it comes to Hector though, because he is NEVER on time.  EVER.  He picked me up over an hour late.  SMH.


Anyway, we were on the road and talking about stuff.   He was annoying and I wanted to strangle him by the time we made it to Dallas (in just 4 short hours).  I love Hector, he is one of my best friends, but man a 4 hour road trip with him is taxing. LOL.

We made it to Dallas and found a parking spot.  There was some sort of military ball that day and people were dressed up in evening attire. I was so jealous of their outfits!!  I need to find me a military man so I can recreate prom. :)
Leddy, Clarissa, Me and Laura. Could my hair BE any taller?!
We walked into The Library Bar and found them at a table.  Clarissa was so surprised and excited that we were there.  I am so glad that I was able to go.  Clarissa has always been there and will always do anything she can to help you.  We have been best friends since 2007 when she and I were planning Amber's baby shower together.  Man, times have changed! :)

After we got done at The Library, we went to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar and spent the rest of the night.
I think this is one of my all time favorite pictures!

Hector and I drove back the next morning after we had a late lunch with Clarissa and some other Driving Jacks alum friends of ours.  It was a fun weekend and I am very glad I was able to celebrate with Clarissa for her 30 birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment