Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Moody Gardens Festival of Lights

On Saturday we went to the Festival of Lights at MoodyGardens in Galveston with my friend Terry and her mom.  We wanted to get to Galveston before dark so that they could look for a beach house to rent later this month. After we drove around looking for beach houses, we went to dinner at Nick’s Kitchen.  Dinner was ok, but not great.  I got bacon wrapped shrimp, but they were SOAKED in this brown sugar sauce that was overwhelming and then they had a maple syrup like sauce to dip it in.  Not good.  I couldn’t finish them.  The scalloped potatoes were good and so was the side salad, but I wasn’t a fan of the shrimp.


After dinner we headed to the Festival of Lights.  You walk down the paths and there is lights surrounding you on both sides.  It was very pretty. 
 
Then, there was the story of the birth of Jesus that was told in lights.  Check out the video below.

Throughout the property there were tons of lights of all different themes.  I wasn’t sure what to expect, but everything looked awesome! 


We were almost to the end of the trail when we saw that they were selling s’mores!  If you know anything about me, you know that I can NEVER pass up s’mores.  EVER!! 
I thought it was a great that they would have s’mores there and what a great money maker!  There were lines of people just waiting to get a s’more.  The girl had two huge Rubbermaid tubes full of ziplock s’mores.  $3 for two graham crackers, 2 marshmallows, and a piece of chocolate is a great idea.  The funds went to several projects locally.

 We had a fun night, I am glad I got to go.  Great job on the lights Moody Gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment